Welcome to LinkedIn and the Herbst Academic Center LinkedIn group for student-athletes. Now that you have started to build your LinkedIn profile, it’s time to start building your network. The people you connect with fuels the power of this platform.
As you progress in your journey here at CU, you will meet all types of people including, teammates, coaches, instructors, alumni, and local community members and business leaders. If you make a connection with them face-to-face, you will want to follow up immediately to add them to your LinkedIn network so you can continue to cultivate a professional relationship.
To help you get started building your network, we want to issue you a LinkedIn Connection Challenge. This activity will familiarize you with the process of adding new people to your LinkedIn network. If you need help completing this challenge you can contact me directly or ask your Academic Coordinator for assistance.
Follow the steps below to complete the Connection Challenge by Friday, August 14. (Note: DO NOT attempt this exercise until you have completed the first four steps in Building A Great Student Profile.)
- Connect with me. Corey Edwards LinkedIn Profile
- Connect with your Academic Coordinator.
- Connect with one of your Coaches.
- Connect with two of your teammates.
- Connect with two other incoming freshmen student-athletes who are not on your team.
- Connect with members of the First Year Program committee (a little more challenging).
- Medford Moorer
- David Callan
- Christopher Bader
- Katie Bason
- Christopher Howlett