The CU Boulder campus has recently transitioned all student email accounts to Gmail. This change provides students with a significant increase in storage space – 25 GB.
Here are the quick start instructions to setup your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc.) with access to your email account.
- Tap to open Settings icon
- Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Tap “Add Account . . .”
- Select “Gmail”
- Enter requested details (use Identikey for email address, NOT firstname.lastname@example.org. Email should look like this [your identikey]@colorado.edu). Tap “Next”.
- Click “Save”
Click here for detailed setup instructions.
Learn how to activate your CU Gmail account.
CU Boulder uses Google Apps for email, calendaring, and various other services. This service requires each student to navigate to the Google site to activate their account. Below is a quick setup guide to get you started:
- Navigate to gmail.colorado.edu
- Login with your CU Identikey and password
- Accept the terms at the “Welcome to your new account” screen
- Welcome to your Inbox!
Key features of your CU Google account:
- Access to Gmail, Contacts, Calendar, Chat, Groups, Drive, Sites
- 25 gigabytes of storage in Gmail
- 5 gigabytes of storage in Drive
- Tied to your CU Identikey account
- Everyone on campus will have a Google Apps account which makes for great collaboration
Setup CU Gmail on your iPhone or iPad.